Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our One and Only Daughter!

***** Make sure your speakers are UP***
Kevin and I were married six years before Danielle was born. We went through MANY years of heartache and heartbreak waiting for our family to begin. The minute I walked into Dr. Strugs office at LDS Hospital I truly got the feeling like I was home. Dr. Strugs took me into his office and just talked with me. He read my records from three other doctors and said quite plainly, "I can help you." He then proceeded to explain in detail how he could help. Two infertility surgeries and six months later I took that little blue strip test, the same day Kevin got laid off his job. We were out of work, but we were starting our family. It's hard to explain our overwhelming joy intermingled with fear of the unknown. One month later we moved to Southern California and eight months later our sweet angel, Danielle Kai, was born on LABOR DAY. From day one she's always made a grand entrance where ever she goes!


Danielle has always been a sweet child. She has such a caring heart and loves to be around people. She has always acted older than her age. While in elementary school she would end up in the nurses office every day, not for being sick or hurt, but because she loved to visit with the adults in the office and talk with the nurse. When asked what she wanted to be when she graduated from kindergarten her response, "I want to be a lunch lady so I can feed all the hungry children."


Danielle has never been afraid to share her testimony with her friends and never afraid to tell others to live higher and be better. She's has high standards and is not afraid to live them. She recieved her Young Womanhood recognition and graduated from 4 years of early morning seminary with honors.


Now at college in Provo Utah, we miss her, but we are very proud of the fine young lady she has become. She is a daughter of God and never loses sight of that. I hope she has "become the woman of her dreams," (Pres. Hinckley, 2001). Love you daughter dear. I'm so proud to be your mom!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks just like you. TOTALLY has your beautiful smile!

Nancy said...

Okay - now I am crying.
Beautiful! and soooo true!
Nancy

Danielle Ovard said...

Great mom, You made me home sick
I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Danielle Ovard said...

So it's nice to know that I have kept the SAME hairstyle. all my life. =P Love you mom.