Saturday, April 11, 2009

Music In Our Lives

Listen to the music playing in the background- name that tune.

There are certain things you remember about your childhood that stick in your mind. Do you remember that first song you heard that you "CONNECTED" too? My first connection song was "Lonely Boy" by Andrew Gold.: not for the lyrics, but for the music and beat.
When I heard that song it just entered my soul and I KNEW the moment I heard its strong electric guitar solo that I was HOOKED on that type of music! It was a far cry from the Ray Conniff Singers that my parents listened to.
A few weeks after my first taste of Rock n Roll sweetness, my alarm clock "accidentally" got switched from the wake up buzzer to the music wake up switch. BIG MISTAKE huh?? Well, I awoke that Saturday morn to LOUD and blaring music. MUSIC TO MY EARS! I couldn't turn it off because the song had such a strong rock n roll beat and I was riveted as I lay in my bed. The song didn't even get half way before my sister, Rebecca, came yelling to turn it down and she hit the off button. OHHHHHHH I wanted to die! I didn't know the name of the song nor who sang it. I sat up in my bed and cried, "NOOOOOOOOO." She looked at me like I was crazy. I heard that song again a few days later, I knew it instantly and I was again mesmerized. ("CHINA GROVE" The Doobie Brothers ;- ). From a young age I've known that music (all types) are a part of me. Every type of music adds a different aspect depending on the situation at hand.
I've always wanted background music in my life and blogging makes this possible. As you read our blog and listen to our 'background' music, think of your life and what type of background music you want playing. Sometimes it can liven up the situation and other times it can calm the soul. Make music an every day part of your life.

Each song you hear has a special meaning because each is picked for a certain reason: if not humerous, then spiritually and serious, but every song has a meaning!
ENJOY our life's background music.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have to know how much I loved this post, Cindy! And isn't it great that a little part of my personal soundtrack includes YOUR voice, next to mine? Such a blessing!