Sunday, January 11, 2009

All In A Week's Work


1) Hockey games
2) Homework
3) House chores
4) Churchwork




Whew! We survived. We've had an enjoyable week trying to keep our new years resolutions in tact .

Dallin putts around on his doodle bug as he learns to tinker with engines and brakes in his autoshop class. Kevin keeps up with work volume as he gets Dallin to early morning seminary every day and off to school. One of my new years resolutions is to 'cook' more; so we can have family dinners and family time. So far I've accomplished 'half' of my goal. Better than nothing.

HOCKEY: We, Temecula Valley, lost our hockey game by one point, but the guys fought hard and played well. We were able to go to a Ducks game and see them "lose." It was a FUN game and nearly a sell out crowd. They played the Tampa Bay Lightening and got zapped. But it was fun to see ONE real live hockey fight. (Geltzlaf got him GOOD!).

HOMEWORK: Dallin's been keeping busy with Finals week coming up, I've been grading papers already keeping the fast track class I'm teaching together.

HOUSE CHORES: Kevin planted 16 strawberry plants (it's time for California strawberries soon!) and I've been trying to keep up with the laundry while Dallin dirty's it as fast as he can riding through mud puddles and dust on his way to Andrew's house. (oh and Dallin's chores: hmmm.... I'll have to get back to you on that one!)

CHURCHWORK: Dallin keeps up with mutual and getting the sacrament ready each week; I'm busy trying to get people out to choir practice. I knew I'd get this calling someday and be begging you to 'come out and sing.' Kevin keeps up with High Council each week and does a fine job!

And last, BUT not LEAST: Dani (our drama queen) is in provo at school and calls us all the time. We love to hear from her and how her days are. She's had a rough week, but it'll get better. How bad can it be with a new car in the driveway huh girl!!?? heheh

So there you have it: our week at a glance. Not much, but just enough to keep us living, loving and laughing A LOT!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you guys sure have been busy. I guess life never calms down huh?

A small glimpse at our world said...

Just when you think you have a handle on things: Something else drops at your doorstep. It's always a ride! (whether it's fun or not is up to us I guess!)